Use Your Personal S.W.A.T. Team
This article contains potent information that can help you to stop OCD checking when you’re doing your laundry. Inside this page, I will teach you to make sure that these things are accomplished:
- You have all your laundry inside the washing machine.
- When your washing cycle has finished, I will teach you to be sure that all your laundry is inside your washing basket
- Next, I will teach you to make sure that all your washing is drying on the line.
- Then we reverse the process and I help you to make sure all your dry washing is back inside your laundry basket.
These OCD checks will only take seconds to install and you’ll have little to no anxiety afterward.
We will be using my memory system to help us override our compulsions.
IMPORTANT: In order to override the OCD compulsions we need to make specially coded images that are extremely weird and unusual. In this article, I will give you some codes that I use. Feel free to copy mine or create your own so long as they’re unusual enough to be memorable.
The unusual imagery that I mentioned will contain police S.W.A.T. team members.
The S.W.A.T. team check is a highly robust and practical visual tool to help us overcome our compulsive checking. I use it lots and lots for various and different scenarios.
Let’s get into the first step.
Making Sure All Your Washing is Inside the Washing Machine:
- Put all your washing inside the washing machine.
- Now look directly into your empty washing basket and visualize the following, (with your eyes open.)
- Imagine a miniature S.W.A.T. team member inside the basket with his rifle walking around in circles saying “Clear, clear, clear.” Like how they do when they sweep a house looking for potential threats.
- Now add your detergent and turn the machine on. Then leave your laundry and move on to your next activity.
- After you leave the laundry have the miniature S.W.A.T. follow you around. Should you start to worry that you’ve left some clothes in the basket, then just see and hear that police officer saying “Clear, clear, clear.”
2. Making Sure All the Washed Laundry is Back into Basket (ready to dry):
- After the cycle put all your washed laundry back into the basket.
- After the tub is empty look inside of it with your eyes open.
- See another miniature S.W.A.T. team member, rifle ready, saying “Clear, clear, clear.” Once you are satisfied it’s empty pick up your basket and look back at bottom of the washing machine to make sure you haven’t dropped any clothes on the floor. So see another S.W.A.T. team member FULL SIZE saying ‘Clear, clear, clear,” just to make sure you haven’t left any laundry behind you.
3. Making Sure All the Laundry is on the Washing Line:
- Peg all your washing to the line.
- Once all the laundry is hung out look with eyes open at the washing basket. See a S.W.A.T. member clear it again. Then look (with eyes open) underneath the clothesline and see more S.W.A.T. members with rifles ready saying “Clear, clear, clear” while doing a sweep of the ground and line area.
4. Making Sure All Your Dry Laundry is Back Inside Your Laundry Basket:
- Now reverse the process. Put all your dry laundry back into your washing basket.
- Once you’ve done that walk away from the clothesline then stop and look back, (again with eyes open.) And see several S.W.A.T. team members making another sweep of the area. See them with rifles ready looking at the line and ground beneath saying “Clear, clear, clear.”
While this process may seem laborious within a short amount of time it should be able to be completed within seconds. Literally 4 or 5 seconds. Again, with a little practice.
You don’t have to use S.W.A.T. You could use Delta, Seals, or even Star Wars Storm Troopers to do your checks. Use whatever makes sense to you.
To this very day, I still do these checks every day. I am still a checker and always will be, thank Heavens. My OCD has not mutated. It’s good to be a checker. Or…it is with The Look, Lock, Label, and Leave System.
Thanks for reading. To get to read more about this memory system start here.